Well looked after fetish wear can last many years and in the case of leather, a lifetime. We have a few tips to help ensure maximum life for your purchases.
- Wash latex garments thoroughly after each wear using luke-warm water and a little mild detergent (shampoo or washing-up liquid).
- Once clean let it drip dry away from direct heat and sunlight. When the rubber is dry the surface may be tacky and will cling to itself. You can prevent this by coating the inside with some talc or our odourless Rubber Dusting Powder.
- Store hung up away from direct heat and sunlight.
- You may wish to use a coat of polish (such as Regulation Rubber Polish) before and after storage to keep your rubber shiny. Keep your gear away from oil and grease which can damage or reduce the life of latex.
- Do not store you rubber in direct contact with Silicone or Vinyl toys, these materials react badly over time.
- Leather is very durable but not indestructible. Proper care & cleaning can prevent cracking maintain colours, and ensure hides remain supple to wear.
- Keep leather away from chemicals, heat and humidity. We leather can start to crack when it dries.
- There are many leather polishes, foams and cleaners available to help keep your hides in top condition. We stock Mister B Leather Creme and also Rapide Leather Oil to restore shine and protect.